Physiol. mechanism for hypnotic analgesia ?

Todd I. Stark stark at dwovax.enet.dec.com
Wed Feb 17 13:29:16 EST 1993

I just read a study where it was believed demonstrated experimentally that
(cold water) analgesia produced by means of hypnotic suggestion was
not significantly reduced by naloxone, as it is for various placebo
effects, acupuncture, and some other strategies.  Does anyone know of any other
work done on alternate mechanisms for hypnotic analgesia, besides
an enkephalin-endorphin response ?

Facts, references, and informed opinions from all quarters are
invited.

						kind regards,

						todd
| Todd I. Stark				  stark at dwovax.enet.dec.com           |
| Digital Equipment Corporation		             (215) 354-1273           |
| Philadelphia, Pa. USA                                                       |
|   "As a hobby, this is a very interesting profession."                      |