Donald H. Perkel, spike train analysis

Dan Jacobson danj at WELCHGATE.WELCH.JHU.EDU
Fri Feb 26 11:04:02 EST 1993

>In article <1993Feb19.212016.8457 at cis.uab.edu> sundsted at amnese.eng.uab.edu (Todd Sundsted) writes:
>
>   I'm trying to locate any recent work Donald H. Perkel may have done
>   on spike trains and their analysis.  He published several papers on their
>   characteristics when treated as point processes, but the latest work I
>   have been able to locate is from the early 70's.
>	   Does anyone know what he doing, or whether or not he has moved on
>   to different areas of research?  I have really only scanned the biological
>   liturature so I would have missed him if his current work is in mathematics
>   (for example).
>	   Anyway, I would appreciate any information anyone would have
>   concerning his work (or current research on spike train analysis, or the
>   characteristics of non-stationary point processes, or anything related to
>   those...)
>				   Thanks,
>				   Todd Sundsted

You might try a little gopher search to find the labs that are
doing spike train analysis.

Point your gopher client at merlot.welch.jhu.edu and select the following
directory:

 -->  14. Searching For Biologists/

Now select the following search:

    -->  2.  Search for All Researchers funded by NIH <?>

Now Search for:

spike and train and analysis

And you will get a list of labs doing spike train analysis, there
address, and an abstract of there current work.  You can broaden
or narrow the searches as you see fit.  If you don't know about
gopher - don't worry, it's free and available on the network and
there are clients for almost all types of computers.
Just write me a note if you want to know more about gopher.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu

Johns Hopkins University