three-dimensional functional imaging

John Anderson anderson at CSHL.ORG
Mon Jan 11 07:34:09 EST 1993

I would like some information about techniques for doing
three-dimensional functional imaging of brain activity in animals and
also in humans.  Optical imaging and magnetic resonance imaging appear
to be the methods that provide the highest spatial and temporal
resolution.  What are the best spatial and temporal resolutions that
can be measured simultaneously?  Can they be improved?  Are there
other imaging techniques that could offer similar resolution?

I will post a summary of the responses.  Thanks for your help.

John
-------
John E. Anderson
W. M. Keck Structural Biology Laboratory
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory