Migraines

Gabriel George Ioan ggi3 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Wed Jun 16 20:09:36 EST 1993

If anyone has any advice on the subject of migraines/migraine
treatment, I greatly appreciate it.  I would like, if possible, to
help a close friend.  Are there any new treatment options?  Her
migraines range from mild to very serious.  There is a history on her
mother's side of the family of migraines.  All symptoms go away after
menopause(obviously, indicating a hormonal connection).  Through
experience, the only treatment has apparently been prevention(lower
doses of morphines, other pain killers), avoidance of certain
foods(red grape products, chocolate, etc.), avoidance of long exposure
to smoke filled environments, along with limited success in
"non-traditional medicine".  Once a full migraine sets in, the only
treatment options are very high doses of demerol/synthetic morphines.
Thank you in advance for any help.  If possible, send as e-mail; I
will summarize if any interest.

Gabriel.