ACCURACY vs PRECISION IN LAB TECHNIQUES

Gregory S. Fraley 60057923 at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
Thu Jun 24 10:52:11 EST 1993

HELLO-
   I WOULD LIKE AN OPINION ON THE DIFFERENCE OR RELATIVE IMPORTANCE OF
ACCURACY IN DATA VS THE PRECICION IN DATA.  IN PARTICULAR I AM LOOKING
FOR OPINIONS ON TECHNIQUES LIKE IMMUNOCYTOCHEMISTRY IMAGE ANALYSIS
COMPARED TO RIA's.  AN RIA GIVES AN ABSOLUTE NUMBER BUT DOES THAT REALLY
GIVE THIS TYPE OF DAT HEAVIER WEIGHT RATHER THAN THE TYPE OF INFO OBTAINED
FROM IMMUNOCYTOCHEMISTRY OR IN SITU HYBRIDIZATION AND SUCH?  WHAT IS MORE
IMPORTANT IN NEUROBIOLOGY, ACCURACY OR PRECISION?  I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY
AND ALL COMMENTS I COULD GET ON THIS EITHER BY POSTING HERE OR VIA EMAIL.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
gsf