Genesis: it won't compile!

Depireux Didier depireud at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Fri Jun 25 17:47:19 EST 1993

I have been trying for some time now to compile the 'free' version
of Genesis. I am using a Sparc IPX with X11R5 (though I know that
Genesis was designed for X11R4). Anyway, everything compiles
fine, except for one and only one file. Here's what I get when I
type make from the /genesis/src directory:

%make
cd sim
cd shell
 [...a few of the cd's removed...]
cd ./xolib
cd ./comlib
cc -g -Dsun4 -DX11R4  -I. -I../xolib -I/usr/include -I../widglib
-I../drawlib -I../genlib -I../../sys -I../../shell
-I../../sim create_widgets.c -c
../widglib/graph_w.h: 36: XtNtitle redefined
../widglib/Image.h: 19: XtNvalue redefined
../widglib/Image.h: 31: XtCValue redefined
"create_widgets.c", line 306: XttextRead undefined
"create_widgets.c", line 327: asciiDiskWidgetClass undefined
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `create_widgets.o'
Current working directory /dkSunB/usagers/depireux/genesis/src/xodus/comlib
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `displibs'
Current working directory /dkSunB/usagers/depireux/genesis/src/xodus
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libs'

I don't know enough about X programming to know what the problem
with XttextRead and especially asciiDiskWidgetClass is. Are these
from User Contributions to X, or is it specific to X11R4 and
not compatible with X11R5? Thanks in advance to anyone who can
help me... I don't really want to pay 200$ for the full version
if I can't even install the 'demo'.

					Didier DepireuX
					depireux at centrcn.umontreal.ca
				  ( and not .... at ere...)