Book(s) for Vision course

Jonathan Marshall marshall at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jun 30 15:01:20 EST 1993

I will be teaching an introductory graduate-level course on Visual
Perception this Fall, and I'm trying to find a good book or two to use
as texts.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations that you might be able to
offer on appropriate books.  I'm looking for books that contain
substantial material on psychophysics, neurobiology, and computation
related to vision.

My course is normally taught in Psychology departments to introduce
Psychology students to visual perception.  My course will have the
additional purpose of introducing Computer Science students (as well
as Psychology students and Neurobiology students) to the subject.

I will collect the replies and redistribute them electronically for
everyone's benefit.

Thanks!

=   Jonathan A. Marshall                          marshall at cs.unc.edu   =
=   Department of Computer Science                                      =
=   CB 3175, Sitterson Hall                                             =
=   University of North Carolina                  Office 919-962-1887   =
=   Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175, U.S.A.               Fax 919-962-1799   =