Topic for paper

Ken Fasman ken at library.welch.jhu.edu
Wed Mar 10 13:06:03 EST 1993

In article <93069.100542IO20903 at MAINE.MAINE.EDU>, <IO20903 at MAINE.MAINE.EDU> writes:
|> I hope someone here can be of assistance:
|> I am an UG at U of Maine in a neurobiology class and must write
|> a final paper where I attemp to explain the phenomena of some
|> malfunction in terms of proteins, chan., etc.
|>
|> This involves promoting my own theory (right or wrong) about what is occuring.
|>
|> I though about ALS.

If you are interested in doing a paper about the current state of knowledge
on ALS, you MUST start with the article which just appeared in this week's
Nature, implicating the superoxide dismutase gene (SOD) as the culprit in ALS.

Good luck.  Sounds like a great topic.

Ken Fasman
Genome Data Base
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
2024 E. Monument St.
Baltimore MD  21205

ken at library.welch.jhu.edu