neural networks and plausibility

X042 at HEC.CA X042 at HEC.CA
Mon Mar 22 12:51:54 EST 1993

Hi,
I'm actually evaluating the neurobiological plausibility of an artificial
neural network model (the EIDOS model developped by R.Proulx, it's an ex-
tension of the BSB (brain-state-in-the-box) model developped by JA Anderson).

Since there is no formal methodology to evaluate the n.p. of a Ann, I'm
wondering if anyone has a cue, a tip or some references to suggest.

I'm particularly interested by a comparison between the electrotonic carac-
teristics of excitatory and inhibitory PSPs in the cortex.

Thank you very much.
| JACQUES BRISSON              Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC)  |
| X042 at HEC.CA (internet)       5255 Decelles (QM3333-S610)                 |
| X042 at HECMTL01.BITNET(bitnet) Montreal, Quebec, CANADA, H3T 1V6           |
| ...for the first time, it seems there may be hope of putting the slice   |
| back in the brain, not by the art of transplantation, but by the art of  |
| of computation.                                                          |
|                 B.L. Mc Naughton                                         |