Sexnet

Michele Funk mfunk at reed.edu
Fri May 7 13:23:37 EST 1993

My scientific mind has been teased by a friend who claims to have heard
about a neural net that was trained to distinguish male and female
faces.  The real curiosity is that this invoved an intermediate step
of having the face reduced from something like 25 nodes to 8 and then
the original input had to be recreated from the 8 nodes.

In anycase,  my dear friend, who was so kind as to throw this potentially
thrilling bit-o-research out there doesn't remember the refernce.  Have you
heard of any such thing, and if so, who did the work?  Where can I get the
paper (if it's been written up)?

Thanks so much!

Michele L. Funk
mfunk at reed.edu