aspartame

U20116 at uicvm.uic.edu U20116 at uicvm.uic.edu
Tue May 18 16:51:49 EST 1993

We have personally worked with aspartame's effect on seizures and
got tired of negative results therefore gave up.
Here are some of papers we published out of that work:
1. Dailey et al. (1989) Aspartame fails to facilitate PTZ-induced
convulsions in CD-1 mice. Toxicol and Apl. Pharmacol.  98, 475-486.
2. Dailey, J.W. et al. (1991) Amino acids, monoamines and audiogenic

seizures in genetically epilepsy-prone rats: effects of aspartame.
Epilepsy Res. 8, 122-133.
3. Jobe, P.C., et al. (1992) Absence of effect of aspartame on seizures
induced by electroshock in epileptic and non-epileptic rats.
Amino Acids 3, 155-172.
If you would like a copy of any of the above, please send email
to: Pravin at LNBD.uicomp.uic.edu.
Pravin K. Mishra, Ph.D.
Department of Basic Sciences
University of Illinois College of medicine at Peoria
Laboratory of neurological and Behavioral Disorders
Box 1649, Peoria, IL 61665