NEUROPEPTIDE Y plasmid

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Mon May 24 16:53:58 EST 1993

In article <16BD8963E.60057923 at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu> 60057923 at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu(greg fraley) writes:

>I am desperately seeking a source for a plasmid probe to use for in situ
>hybridizations and northern blotts for neuropeptide Y.  Anyonw know of
>a source or where I can go to find one???  Any help will be greatly
>appreciated.  Please rpley by email or by posting, I do log on regularly.
>
> thanks--
>gsf

A little gophering finds that the Human neuropeptide Y Genbank entry
is as follows.  Use gopher to retrieve the individual exons or the entries
for the neuropeptide Y from other species (sheep, pig, rat, rabbit, chicken,
cod, goldfish ...).

I would suggest that you contact the authors of the citations below as
they may well have the clones you're looking for.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu

LOCUS       HUMNPYA       417 bp ss-mRNA            PRI       26-OCT-1992
DEFINITION  Human neuropeptide Y mRNA, complete cds.
ACCESSION   M15789
KEYWORDS    neuropeptide Y.
SOURCE      Homo sapiens phenchromocytoma cDNA to mRNA.
  ORGANISM  Homo sapiens
            Eukaryota; Animalia; Chordata; Vertebrata; Mammalia; Theria;
            Eutheria; Primates; Haplorhini; Catarrhini; Hominidae.
REFERENCE   1  (bases 1 to 417)
  AUTHORS   Takeuchi,T., Gumucio,D.L., Yamada,T., Meisler,M.H., Minth,C.D.,
            Dixon,J.E., Eddy,R.E. and Shows,T.B.Jr.
  TITLE     Genes encoding pancreatic polypeptide and neuropeptide Y are on
            human chromosomes 17 and 7
  JOURNAL   J. Clin. Invest. 77, 1038-1041 (1986)
  STANDARD  full automatic
COMMENT     Neuropeptide and pancreatic polypeptide Y share a 50% homology
            suggesting common ancestral origins, see locus HUMPPY.
FEATURES             Location/Qualifiers
     CDS             15..308
                     /gene="NPY"
                     /product="neuropeptide Y"
                     /codon_start=1
                     /translation="MLGNKRLGLSGLTLALSLLVCLGALAEAYPSKPDNPGEDAPAED
                     MARYYSALRHYINLITRQRYGKRSSPETLISDLLMRESTENVPRTRLEDPAMW"
BASE COUNT      103 a    128 c    105 g     81 t
ORIGIN      1 bp upstream of BssHII site; chromosome 7.
        1 gcgcgccagc caccatgcta ggtaacaagc gactggggct gtccggactc accctggccc
       61 tgtccctgct cgtgtgcctg ggtgcgctgg ccgaggcgta cccctccaag ccggacaacc
      121 cgggcgagga cgcaccagcg gaggacatgg ccagatacta ctcggcgctg cgacactaca
      181 tcaacctcat caccaggcag agatatggaa aacgatccag cccagagaca ctgatttcag
      241 acctcttgat gagagaaagc acagaaaatg ttcccagaac tcggcttgaa gaccctgcaa
      301 tgtggtgatg ggaaatgaga cttgctctct ggcctttcct attttcagcc catatttcat
      361 cgtgtaaaac gagaatccac ccatcctacc aatgcatgca gccactgtgc tgaattc
//

Exon 1:

LOCUS       HUMNPY02      247 bp ds-DNA             PRI       15-JUN-1989
DEFINITION  Human neuropeptide Y (NPY) gene, exon 1.
ACCESSION   M14296
KEYWORDS    neuropeptide Y.
SEGMENT     2 of 4
SOURCE      Human placental DNA, clone pNPY-lambda-37-6.
  ORGANISM  Homo sapiens
            Eukaryota; Animalia; Chordata; Vertebrata; Mammalia; Theria;
            Eutheria; Primates; Haplorhini; Catarrhini; Hominidae.
REFERENCE   1  (bases 1 to 247)
  AUTHORS   Minth,C.D., Andrews,P.C. and Dixon,J.E.
  TITLE     Characterization, Sequence, and Expression of the Cloned Human
            Neuropeptide Y Gene
  JOURNAL   J. Biol. Chem. 261, 11974-11979 (1986)
  STANDARD  full automatic
FEATURES             Location/Qualifiers
     exon            <30..217
                     /number=1
                     /gene="NPY"
                     /note="neuropeptide Y"
     intron          <1..29
                     /note="neuropeptide Y, intron A"
     intron          218..>247
                     /note="neuropeptide Y, intron B"
BASE COUNT       45 a     82 c     80 g     40 t
ORIGIN      Chromosome 7pter-q22; 965 bp downstream of segment 1.
        1 cccgtccgtt gagccttctg tgcctgcaga tgctaggtaa caagcgactg gggctgtccg
       61 gactgaccct cgccctgtcc ctgctcgtgt gcctgggtgc gctggccgag gcgtacccct
      121 ccaagccgga caacccgggc gaggacgcac cagcggagga catggccaga tactactcag
      181 cgctgggaca ctacatcaac ctcatcacca ggcagaggtg ggtgggaccg cgggaccgat
      241 tccggga
//