number of cloned nervous system genes

John Alsobrook ALSOBROOK at biomed.med.yale.edu
Mon May 24 23:44:50 EST 1993

Hi folks, I'm just looking for a reasonably accurate guesstimate here;
how many genes (cDNAs or gDNAs) have been cloned which could be
characterized as specific to the nervous system (not necessarily
mammalian). No stringent proof of function needed here: tissue-specific
libraries, in situs, sequence homologies, anything reasonable can count!

(I don't at this moment recall what terms to use to search GenBank, but
 rest assured I *will* do my homework, I'm looking for rough estimates
 here!)

As always, thanks loads.

* John Alsobrook    Child Study Center    Yale University School of Medicine *
* internet: alsobrook at biomed.med.yale.edu / bitnet: alsobrook at yalemed.bitnet *