Chaos Society & Conference CFP

Tom Gentry gentry at koko.csustan.edu
Tue Nov 2 03:57:02 EST 1993

NOTE FROM THE MODERATOR - I am working remotely this week while in
Washington, DC.  Postings to BIONEWS/bionet.announce may be delayed a
bit as a result since I am only logging in once or twice a day and was
traveling yesterday.  Thanks for your patience. - Dave K.

          UPCOMING CONFERENCE AND CALL FOR PAPERS

                  Society for Chaos Theory
            in Psychology and the Life Sciences

  Abstracts of papers, posters, and session proposals are sought for
the next annual conference, June 24-27, outside of Washington D.C.
We are looking for papers concerning theory, methods, research and
application of chaos theory (complex systems, nonlinear dynamical
systems) to all types of clinical practice, organizational psychology,
neurophysiology, sociology, economics, anthropology, education, and the
humanities. Sessions are typically organized based on topic rather than
discipline to promote interdisciplinary dialogue.  Submit abstracts and
session proposals to:
                        Katherine E. Robertson,
                        The Society for Chaos Theory,
                        P.O. Box 7226,
                        Alhambra CA 91802-7226 USA

Deadline for submission is March 1.

                     Workshop on Methods

A two day workshop on methods will be offered June 28-29, also in the
D.C. area.  The introductory segment will focus on Chaos, Attractors
and Fractal Dimension Analysis. The advanced segment will focus on
Complex Systems Theory and Methods. Each segment consists of two three-
hour sessions; cost is $100 per segment.  To register, contact:
                        Dr. Sally Goerner,
                        374 Wesley Court,
                        Chapel Hill NC 27516 USA
                or email: goerner at gibbs.oit.unc.edu

                        About the Society

The Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and the Life Sciences brings
together researchers and practitioners interested in applying dynamical
systems theory, self-organization theory, neural nets, fractals, and
other forms of chaos and complexity theory to the study of nonlinear
interdependent systems.  Our members hail from numerous specialties in
psychology plus sociology, economics, mathematics, physics, philosophy,
and literature.  The Society publishes a newsletter, holds an annual
conference, maintains the CHAOPSYC bulletin board, and is hosting a
workshop on nonlinear methods in June 1994.  Our first collected
volume of papers will be published in 1994,++ and we plan to start a
journal in the near future.

For more information on subscribing to the  bulletin board, becoming
a member, or submitting a paper for the next conference, send a note
WITH YOUR MAILING ADDRESS to Katherine E. Robertson at The Society for
Chaos Theory, P.O. Box 7226, Alhambra CA 91802-7226 or via e-mail
to 0005699249 at mcimail.com.

++A. Gilgen & F.D. Abraham (Eds.). CHAOS THEORY IN PSYCHOLOGY.
Westport, CT (USA) Greenwood Publishing Group.

Thank you very much.

Virtually,

Holly Arrow, Publicity Committee,
Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and the Life Sciences
harrow at s.psych.uiuc.edu (or)
(217) 359-1341 (or)
100 Kenwood Road #492, Champaign IL 61821.

Stephen Guastello, Research Committee
6155guastell at vms.csd.mu.edu