Why can't I drink?

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.com
Wed Nov 3 23:22:07 EST 1993

In article <jll-031193165551 at h7macd-156.doc.ic.ac.uk> jll at doc.ic.ac.uk (Janice L Lonsdale) writes:
>> HOWEVER.....some of the effects you describe may also be due\
>> to overprescription of the medication. PLEASE....talk with your
>> physician about the problems...
>>
>Would this also apply to Prozac 20mg daily and Propranolol 60mg daily
>because I have found that I also cant drink like I used to without getting
>very drunk very quickly since I started this medication 6 months ago.

This was referring to that guy's periods of confusion potentially
being due to excessively high blood levels of the drug, Tegretol;
it wasn't simply because he got drunk more easily.

I don't think most people would predict that either Prozac or
propranolol would cause someone to get drunk more easily, but
it's your own reaction which matters.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com