Need rec. for an intro to neurophysiology

Jacob Galley gal2 at kimbark.uchicago.edu
Sat Nov 6 13:31:15 EST 1993

Hi all. I am looking for a good introductory text in neurophysiology.
I picked up Bernard Katz's _Nerve, Muscle and Synapse_ (1966), because
it was cited in Daniel Amit's _Modeling Brain Function_ (1989). Katz
seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, ("The purpose of this book
is to explain in simple language what is known about the transmission
of messages in the living body.") --- but the book is about 20 years
older than I'd be comfortable with.

Am I wrong in assuming that Katz is significantly obsolete?

Does anyone know of a newer book along the same lines?

Thanks,
Jake.
--
* What's so interdisciplinary about studying lower levels of thought process?
				  <-- Jacob Galley * gal2 at midway.uchicago.edu