Seeking Contacts

S A J Winder mapsajw at midge.bath.ac.uk
Tue Nov 9 11:54:16 EST 1993

Hi,
  I am researching into the human vision system and I am seeking
anyone working in a similar area to my own, basically for a chat about
various things, rather than to answer one specific question.

I am in the last year of my PhD and this is the scope of my research:
I am interested in low-level 2d form and colour perception and the
representation of these properties within the cortex. I have built a
computer model of the vision system running on a Maspar parallel
machine. I am not using a neural network approach, but rather using an
image processing paradigm similar to that of Heitger, von der Heydt
and Peterhans of the Swiss Federal Institute. I have simulated the
colour and spatial responses of neurons in the retina, LGN and V1. I
am particularly interested in the generic representation of contour
shape within the cortex and also how we know the colour/brightness of
regions and what type of contour profiles bound them. I have also
implemented Heitger's neurally feasible illusory contour scheme.

If you are working in a similar area and would appreciate the exchange
of ideas, I would be pleased to hear from you.

Simon.