Why can't I drink?

Eliot Gelwan eliot.gelwan at channel1.com
Thu Nov 11 23:32:00 EST 1993

At 03:04 on 11-06-93, Robert Boot, Herston Medi discussed "Re: Why can't I
drink?" with All:

[RB]:This is wrong. As I have said before Prozac has even been trialled
[RB]:in the
[RB]:treatment heavy drinking.

Since fluoxetine (Prozac) interferes with the hepatic metabolism of a
number of other drugs, it is possible it might reduce the rate of
hepatic clearance of ethanol from the blood and intensify or prolong its
effects. This is distinct from its lack of effect on toperance, which is a
central phenomenon relating to receptor kinetics.

...eliot

--- WinQwk 2.0 a#0