Why can't I drink?(!!DANGER!!)

SHICKLEY at VM.TEMPLE.EDU SHICKLEY at VM.TEMPLE.EDU
Sun Nov 14 19:35:12 EST 1993

In article <CFu5z4.1xp at world.std.com>
odin at world.std.com (Hank Roth) writes:

>Why can't I drink?
>
>Since I was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia and have been
>taking tegretol I can't drink very much without getting drunk. My
>wife thinks I'm an alcoholic and I'm not. I drink in moderation,
>but I do drink. Yesterday, while socializing with friends,  I had
>two screwdrivers and a martini and passed out [NOT falling down
>drunk but drunk nevertheless and by early evening I was
>unconscious until early the next morning].  Before going on
>tegretol I could have had twice that to drink and just felt good.
>So what is going on?
>
>The tegretol also affects my speech and I forget things. The
>other day I forgot which side of the road to drive on. One day I
>couldn't remember my wife's name for a few minutes [and we've
>been married 37 years].

See your physician right away. It is very dangerous to follow
any medical advice given on the net (potentially). Many of the
things you read are TRUE and others MAY be true.Others may be
FALSE. SEE YOUR PHYSICIAN!

Tim Shickley
shickley at vm.temple.edu