Laplacians in EEG/EP/ERP analysis

mdspre at vmsa.technion.ac.il mdspre at vmsa.technion.ac.il
Sun Nov 21 16:10:47 EST 1993

Hi,
Is anyone familiar with the surface Laplacian techniques of EEG and
evoked potential/event-related potential analysis, as described in Law, SK
et al. "Improving spatial and temporal resolution in evoked EEG
88(1993)309-322?  I'm wondering if the technique can be applied to some
of the work we're doing, but I lack sufficient mathematical expertise to
really evaluate it.  I'm in the process of collecting the references in that
article's bibliography, but opinions from people with hands-on experience
with the method would be invaluable.

Also, if anyone has the first author's (Samuel K. Law, Ph.D.) email
address, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, as usual,
Elliot Sprecher, Ph.D.
Experimental Psychologist, Research Coordinator
Institute of Clinical Neurophysiology
Rambam Medical Center
Haifa, Israel
MDSPRE at VMSA.TECHNION.AC.IL