Why can't I drink?

ROBERT BOOT, HERSTON MEDICAL LIBRARY mail_boot at uqvax.cc.uq.oz.au
Thu Nov 4 08:40:47 EST 1993

In article <jll-031193165551 at h7macd-156.doc.ic.ac.uk>, jll at doc.ic.ac.uk (Janice L Lonsdale) writes:
> In article <2b5mai$ms4 at unix1.circ.gwu.edu>, wilesm at unix1.circ.gwu.edu (Marc
> Wiles) w

> Would this also apply to Prozac 20mg daily and Propranolol 60mg daily
> because I have found that I also cant drink like I used to without getting
> very drunk very quickly since I started this medication 6 months ago.

I can think of no reason why Prozac should have this effect - rather the
reverse. Propanolol should not cause this either - in combination - who knows?
Prozac is supposed to have some effect in reducing drinking tendencies but at
this dose I should expect it to be marginal. Do you think your 'problem' is due
to Prozac or to Propanolol? The latter seems to me more probable.