Why can't I drink?

ROBERT BOOT, HERSTON MEDICAL LIBRARY mail_boot at uqvax.cc.uq.oz.au
Thu Nov 4 08:40:47 EST 1993

In article <jll-031193165551 at h7macd-156.doc.ic.ac.uk>, jll at doc.ic.ac.uk (Janice L Lonsdale) writes:
> In article <2b5mai$ms4 at unix1.circ.gwu.edu>, wilesm at unix1.circ.gwu.edu (Marc
> Wiles) w
> Would this also apply to Prozac 20mg daily and Propranolol 60mg daily
> because I have found that I also cant drink like I used to without getting
> very drunk very quickly since I started this medication 6 months ago.

I can think of no reason why Prozac should have this effect - rather the
reverse. Propanolol should not cause this either - in combination - who knows?
Prozac is supposed to have some effect in reducing drinking tendencies but at
this dose I should expect it to be marginal. Do you think your 'problem' is due
to Prozac or to Propanolol? The latter seems to me more probable.

ROBERT BOOT                                             R.BOOT at cc.uq.edu.au
The University of Queensland                       Telephone +61 7 365 5354
Brisbane Qld 4072  AUSTRALIA                       Facsimile +61 7 365 5243