Why can't I drink?

ROBERT BOOT, HERSTON MEDICAL LIBRARY mail_boot at uqvax.cc.uq.oz.au
Sat Nov 6 03:04:23 EST 1993

In article <2bc86l$c1i at venera.isi.edu>, esteward at next11.isi.edu (Elaine Steward) writes:
> In article <jll-031193165551 at h7macd-156.doc.ic.ac.uk> jll at doc.ic.ac.uk
> (Janice L Lonsdale) writes:
>> Would this also apply to Prozac 20mg daily and Propranolol 60mg daily
>
> I believe I read that alcohol consumption is contraindicated with SSRI's
> (Prozac).
>
> elaine

This is wrong. As I have said before Prozac has even been trialled in the
treatment heavy drinking. It seems to reduce drinking to some extent in some.
It does *not* reduce tolerance to ethanol.

Many would, however, say that alcohol consumption in contraindicated in
depression - that is a different issue.