COCOM is dead !!! We need NN Boards, Supers etc.

Andrei I. Massalovitch vip at kvant.munic.msk.su
Sun Nov 28 05:31:21 EST 1993

>From : Andrei Massalovitch,  "Kvant", Moscow, Russia
       <vip at kvant.munic.msk.su>
Subj : COCOM is dead !!! We need & ready-to-buy NN Boards, Supers, info etc.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm Andrei Massalovitch, vice-president of Parallel Systems Division
of Scientific and Research Institute "Kvant". Our division is a young,
dynamic scientific team. For  the  last years we are making intensive
research  work  in the field of  parallel  supercomputing, transputer
systems and neural  networks. We hope that some of our results will
have both scientific and commercial interest.

Now we extremely need any information about special and general purpose
Neural Network PCBoards and ready to buy some of them immediately.

   We also would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves.
Parallel Systems Division is the team of more than 200 high-experience
hardware and software engineers.  The  business and  operations of our
Division fall  into  five  main directions.

 1.  Using transputer-based computers and neural networks to solve the
problems of image & signal processing.
   2.  Development of MIMD and SIMD parallel VLSI-based supercomputing
systems with 10-100 Gflops performance, intelligent workstations  with
1 GIPS performance for signal/image processing and  various   modeling
problems . This job includes application  of  high-performance  micro-
processors  (e.g. i860) and transputers.
   3.   Development  of    large  distributed    computing/information
processing complexes.   Such complexes  can consist of general purpose
computers, problem-oriented  systems and  communication hardware.  IBM
PC/compatible PC   and  workstations are  used as terminals. Computing
resources integration  is realized with common network hardware.
 3.  Integrated solutions  of  data  protection  problems  in computer
systems and networks.
 5.  Developing of new models of a neuron and a neural network on  the
basis   of   the   latest   results   obtained   in Russian  and world
neurobiology  (This   is  the   first  attempt   of  creation  of  the
BioNeurocomputer in our country).

       Unfortunately,  during a  number of years most of this work was
conducted in  "special" laboratories  and we couldn't publish obtained
results. Now situation has changed. Most of former bans were  removed.
       It is very interesting for us to run the "information blockade"
and to engage in all types of cooperation with the  representatives of
scientific and industrial circles of your country.

Thanks in advance.
Yours faithfully,

Vice-President              >   Address : Dr. A.Massalovitch   <
Parallel Systems Division   <             P.O.Box 430          >
S&R Institute "Kvant"       >             121019 Moscow        <
Moscow, Russia              <             Russia               >
  E-mail : vip at kvant.munic.msk.su       Fax : (095) 153-9584