Transcranial magnetic stimulation

Carl S. Leichter csl at
Fri Oct 15 10:15:24 EST 1993

	At the Hillenbrandt (sp?) Biomedical Engineering Center in
Purdue Universtiy researchers have developed a device called the "Tacker Wacker".
It generates an INTENSE localized magnetic field for non-invasive cortical
stimulation.  To the best of my knowledge it has been used exclusively on the
somatosensory regions of the human cortex.  I have asked if this device
had ever been applied to the frontal lobes and what the results were.  Dr.
Tacker's reply was short: "You don't want to do that".

	 I do not believe they are currently using the device in any of their

These are just my musings and do not reflect the position of LANL,
the University of California, the State of California, the Department of Energy, the Federal government or any person living or dead....................  :{
Carl S. Leichter csl at