oral tolerance to EAE

Kristi Evans evansk at carn55.alleg.edu
Tue Dec 6 17:12:12 EST 1994

I am doing research concerning the oral tolerance that occurs when
neonatal (24-72 hr. old) Lewis rats are given the oral administration of
MBP.  It has been shown that this administration causes them to become
primed for EAE future in life, at about 6 weeks old and older.  I am
wondering if there has been any experimnets or research done concerning
the injection of a pregnant Lewis rat with MBP and hte effects it will
have on the neonates at a later age.  Any information concerning this
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kristi Evans

E Mail address: