love and neurotransmitters

Jeff Zilberstein zilberst at mail2.sas.upenn.edu
Thu Dec 8 06:32:24 EST 1994

I saw the show too, and it was difficult to swallow (love being increased
NT levels).  However, the show distinguished LOVE from LUST.  As I know
we've all experienced, the first month of dating someone is a huge rush,
but it slowly subsides.  The show attributed the physical symptoms of
LUST to chemical levels.  HOwever, it went further to "explain" that this
increase in levels either dec sensitivity or the levels themselves
decrease after this initial month, and the feeling of "love" is then
magically transported to the cortex, where emotional attatchments are
made, etc.  This, the show contends, explains why people "don't see why
they even dated" if it was a short-term relationship... it was lust, but
wasn't allegedly "logical," perse.  It would be a fascinating field to
research further...
Hope this helps...

jeff zilberstein

The possibly controversial and/or un-PC views expressed above are EXACTLY
those of the University of Pennsylvania, of all its constituents, of my
family and friends, and of Chicagoans in general.

Jeff Zilberstein, University of Pennsylvania, class of '95

GO IVY CHAMPION QUAKER FOOTBALL!!!! 2 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW!!! LONGEST
WINNING STREAK IN NCAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO IVY CHAMPION QUAKER BASKETBALL!! STILL UNDEFEATED IN IVY LEAGUE
FOREVER AND A DAY, AND GOING ON TO KICK MICHIGAN IN THE ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Ivy League Sports... The way the games _should_ be played."