odor and humans

schultz at sedal.su.OZ.AU schultz at sedal.su.OZ.AU
Mon Dec 12 23:26:47 EST 1994

In article <1994Dec12.232248.6380 at ttinews.tti.com>, jackson at soldev.tti.com (Dick Jackson) writes:

|> >Well, if you put  two pendulums (out of sync) in the same room, they will
|> >eventually swing in sync also.  I don't think they have pheromone receptors.
|>
|> Putting as politely as I can, your statement is in general, absolutely
|> untrue, and therefore unhelpful to this topic. Two pendulums of similar
|> period, if coupled, do behave cooperatively, but the resulting effect is
|> more complicated than "swinging in sync".
|>
|> Dick Jackson

With regard to the question of girls living in close proximity: there is experimental evidence to back this up; when a friend and I were playing around with coupled chaotic systems a while ago, my friend's supervisor gave us a reference to a few papers on this subject (thinking that maybe it was an example of coupled chaotic systems). I only read the abstracts, and I'm sorry I can't remember the references, but they indicated that this had been consistently shown experimentally.

--
-----

    Simon Schultz,
    Department of Electrical Engineering,
    University of Sydney, 2006.
    Australia.

    Phone: (02) 351 3297.	( +61-2 351 3297 )
    Fax:   (02) 660 1228.	( +61-2 660 1228 )
    WWW:   http://www.sedal.su.oz.au/~schultz/