Serial reconstruction of total human anatomy

caudle at caudle at
Fri Dec 16 13:03:04 EST 1994

On 15 Dec 1994 09:41:34 GMT,
David Small  <dhs at> wrote:

>I read recently that a person (nicknamed "Adam") has recently donated his body to science and that it has been serially sectioned
>and then each 1 mm section has been captured on computer and reconstructed to create a complete model of the human
>body, brain and all.  I am told that it has been placed on the internet.  I was wondering whether
>anyone knows where "adam" can be located.  It would be a fantastic teaching aid for neuroanatomy.
>please reply to this newsgroup or to david_small at

The Visible Man, as he is called, belongs to the National Library of
Medicine (USA).  It happens to be 15 gigabytes (Not something to casually
down load :-< ).  You can get information about this body from Michael
Ackerman at ackerman at

Good luck
Robert M. Caudle                                      "If I had my life to
NAB, NIDR, NIH                                         live over, I'd be a
Bldg. 49, Rm 1A-11                                     plumber."
9000 Rockville Pike                                        A. Einstein
Bethesda, MD 20892

Caudle at
Caudle at