Neuropil

Werner Kilb kilb at mail.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Dec 19 04:30:26 EST 1994

On 13 Dec 1994 19:40:02 GMT, HARRY R. ERWIN wrote:

>That suggests the dendritic arbor of generalized neurons is a modified
>mastigoneme and the axon is a modified smooth undulipod. It also suggests
>the cognitive/behavioral dichotomy is extremely primitive...

Hello Harry

Be careful to compare recent  properties of "primitive" organisms with
properties of organs or single cells of "higher" organisms. The evolution of
recent flagelats lastes as long as our evolution, and the properties of the
recent species are adapted to the environment as the cells of the human
brain are adapted to their environment.

Werner