Does anyone have a brain GIF?

Will kj_von at
Wed Dec 21 05:51:25 EST 1994

> In article <1994Dec6.053629.3474 at>,
jb94bl at (JASON M BELL) writes...
> >If anyone has a GIF or a JPG of the brain in cross sections could you

You've probably heard of the Visible Human Project. If not, in short, it's
a convicted murderer who was executed by lethal injection last year and
while still warm, had extensive MRI and CT scans of the body from head to
toe in 1mm slices(!).  The images (all1878) of them are in an archive
(totalling 42Gig) accessable through www.  Details and pictures are at

p.s. I obtained my info from New Scientist 3 Dec 1994 if you want a more
detailed article (it is still only short though).

I hope this is of use to you.

William von Witt