detecting synaptic proteins

caudle at caudle at
Thu Dec 22 17:50:48 EST 1994

On Thu, 22 Dec 1994 11:02:08 GMT,
elis f. stanley  <elis at> wrote:

>In article <54420.caudle at> "caudle at" <caudle at> writes:
>>On 19 Dec 1994 11:31:00 -0800,
>>Fiberman  <william at> wrote:
>>>Hello Netters,
>>>I wish to detect a receptor at the synapses of the mammalian brain.  I want to
>>>separate receptors at the synapse from those inside the cell (ie. those in the
>>>ER, Golgi, or microsomes).  If you know of a reference that talks about
>>>purifying synaptic proteins, please let me know.  Thanks!
>>Any general biochemistry cookbook has a recipe for isolating synaptosomes.
>>However, hear is a couple of references to a reasonable procedure. Neuron
>>9:929-942, 1992. PNAS 91:3954-3958, 1994.
>This is the right answer to the wrong question I think - unless the intent
>is to isolate presynaptic receptors.  As I understand the post the author
>is after postsynaptic receptors that are inserted into the surface membrane. I
>do not have any answers but can we try again?
>Elis Stanley

The Neuron paper describes isolating postsynaptic NMDA receptors from
Robert M. Caudle                                      "If I had my life to
NAB, NIDR, NIH                                         live over, I'd be a
Bldg. 49, Rm 1A-11                                     plumber."
9000 Rockville Pike                                        A. Einstein
Bethesda, MD 20892

Caudle at
Caudle at