What happened to Phineas Gage?

RVAllen rvallen at aol.com
Sun Dec 25 21:11:47 EST 1994

I am writing a paper for school on the phenomenon of Phineas Gage and I
was wondering if anyone knows exactly WHERE the brain damage occurred and
what areas were responsible for his behavioral deficits.  What is the area
in a human brain that corresponds to area 46 of a monkey?  I have found a
few articles attributing similar deficits in monkeys to lesions of the
principle sulcus and area 46, but I am having trouble associating these
areas with Gage's brain.  Thank you so much for your help!

Princeton University student on break and confused.