endocrine-based neuro problems

Photog bohican at merlin.nando.net
Wed Dec 28 02:58:05 EST 1994

Does anyone out there have any info or can point me towards resources
that could shed some light on my condition?

30 Y/O female, DX Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (autoimmune disease that
attacks the thyroid) and Late-onset Congenital Adrenal Hypoplasia. 3 mos
after DX I developed hand tremors, muscles twitching and cramping,
cognitive problems, fatigue, severe leg pain. My endocrinologist referred
me to a neurologist; she has me on Baclofen (80mg) and Amitriptyline
(125mg) but says the problems stem from the endocrine system being out of
whack. Neither doctor will do an MRI, even though my pituitary may be
suspect in creating some of this havoc.

I've also had some problems with sleep paralysis.

I've heard that hormone imbalances, if extreme, can cause nervous system
problems. If this is true, where can I go to find out more? I'm in a fair
amount of discomfort and want to know what's going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Victoria