Mandelbrot set & Platonic mathematics

Huval Jodie L jlh2646 at ucs.usl.edu
Tue Feb 1 11:12:28 EST 1994

In article <2ik1tp$1o7 at darkstar.UCSC.EDU> moria at cats.ucsc.edu (Orion Wilson) writes:

>I have this distant project for when the computing power is available,
>to build a virtual reality interactive mandelbrot thingy.
>With the usual VR parameters (velocity cceleration etc) as usual, but
>also hook up lots of parameters for the fractals themslevs.  Such as
>z=z^(right arm angle) + c*(stomach tensing)
>and probably involve a video camera as well.
>I figger that this and a hallucinogen might be very absorbing.
>--
>[infinity loves you, baby]

Jeez, and I thought I was being original! I had an idea for the very same thng.
I think portraying fractals in three dimensions would be intense. Ever notice
H.P. Lovecraft's descriptions of the Outer Gods resemble fractoid organisms?
Ever experiment with psylocibin and notice the fractal structure of nature?
Ever feel that a fractal is an intensely magnified representation of Benoit
Mandelbrot's neurons?
What about the fractalization of the visual field, with live video as the
input and the output going into a set of goggles? I am open to investors.
What are the cops going to say about the alteration of our states of conscious-
nesses with VR? Will DWJI (DRIVING WHILE JACKED IN) be a criminal offense after
2000 C.E.?

jlh2646 at usl.edu