brain or serum bank

GLENN HOLM karuzis at wccf.mit.edu
Tue Feb 8 21:39:00 EST 1994

In article <2j6dc5$ofj at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, C R Santhosh-Kumar <santhosc at essex.
hsc.colorado.edu> writes...
>Does someone know of a serum or brain or spinal fluid bank of patients with
>various neurological disorders in the US?
>
>thanks
>santosh

by coincidence, there's an article in today's (Feb 8) Boston Globe
describing the brain bank at McLean Hospital locally in Belmont Mass
and also mentioning the one at UCLA medical center.

it describes their desire for donation of brains of patients who have had,
particularly, neurological and psychjiatric diseases, and some of their
research. spinal fluid is not mentioned.

they have a bumper sticker
"Research takes Brains
call 1-800-BRAIN-BANK"

i'm not associated with them, so can't comment on their research
or policies other than saying donating brains to scientific research
is a good thing.