Sensory pathways to the neocortex

I. Reichova reichi at zoncna.ibp.cz
Thu Feb 10 08:44:52 EST 1994

Dear netters,
             does anybody of you know about other pathways, if they ever exist,
for sensory information flow to the neocortex, bypassing the thalamus? I do not
mean aminergic modulatory pathways from the reticular formation or cholinergic
from brainstem etc. Only sensory channels to the neocortex (for info processing)
I have heard about the ventral polysynaptic tract but I have no more info on it.
              Many thanks for your help!
                                          Iva
                                (student of thalamocortical dynamics)
Iva Reichova