Mandelbrot set & Platonic mathematics

Peter Johansson peter at cs.umbc.edu
Wed Feb 16 04:36:56 EST 1994

ming of mongo <ming at kaiwan.com> wrote:

> 	The more I understand, the more full of it the coffeehouse black
> berret crowd seems.  Any guidence on bridging the knowledge gap would be
> appreciated!

(Gee, you must be referring to the people who read Mondo 2000 and
Wired...  ;-)

Given the wide distribution of this thread it is difficult to tell
what newsgroup you read it from.  To learn more about fractals and
chaos, I suggest you obtain the sci.fractals FAQ, which is posted
regularly (twice monthly?) to (of course) sci.fractals.  This FAQ
contains an excllent reference list for beginners and lay people.

A quick note to all readers of this thread: *Please* try to edit the
Newsgroups: header when you follow-up to direct conversation to the
appropriate newsgroup when possible.

Peter Johansson
peter at cs.umbc.edu