Mandelbrot set & Platonic mathematics

ming of mongo ming at kaiwan.com
Wed Feb 16 04:29:58 EST 1994

Michael Tobis (tobis at skool.ssec.wisc.edu) wrote:
: In article <CKsLoL.8J4 at kaiwan.com>, ming at kaiwan.com (ming of mongo) writes:

: Gleick's book is just as bad as the rest. If you have a little math
: (undergrad calculus would do) and really want an idea what it is about, read
: Ian Stewart's _Does God Play Dice?_ If you CAN'T read that book, kindly
: refrain from mentioning "chaos theory" publicly. I especially wish Michael
: Crichton and Steven Spielberg had taken this advice.

	I only meant that Gleick doesn't try to explain the whole thing
to the absolute novice in 'mystical' terms, just tells the story.

	Thanx for the book info.  I'm in trig at school, and working on
calculus on my own a bit, so I'll give Dice a shot.  I know I've got a
long road ahead, but I've always wanted to study advanced math, so now Im
on it.