Searching for a project

3eu4kuwayama at vms.csd.mu.edu 3eu4kuwayama at vms.csd.mu.edu
Thu Feb 17 23:03:51 EST 1994

To readers of the bionet.neuroscience newsgroup:

My name is David Kuwayama, I am a high school senior in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
I have finished the college application process and am already looking
forward to a successful college career at one of the ivy league schools, or
perhaps University of Chicago. In any case, at whichever institution I do
end up, I would like to perform a science project, particularly in
neurology. My future aspirations are centered around trauma surgery, and I
figure that a project in neurology spanning three or four years of my
college career would prepare me for medical school and would increase my
chances of attending the type of medical school I wish to attend one day.

While I am well versed in the sciences and can understand most of what is
being discussed in these newsgroups, I simply cannot come up with a
suitable topic for a three to four year science project in neurology. I
figure that perhaps some of the neurologists that read this newsgroup would
have an idea what areas of neurology are still being researched and provide
fertile grounds for study.

If anybody reading this post has any idea that might help me to discern a
project in the relative future, either a post or an e-mail reply would be
GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance
DPK