PURIFICATION OF CHOLINE ACETYLTRANSFERASE

MISS R MAHABEER g89m1087 at giraffe.ru.ac.za
Mon Feb 21 05:09:50 EST 1994

Hi

I am looking for information regarding the purification of choline
acetyltransferase: -  what would be a good source from which to purify the
                      enzyme?
		   -  has anyone purified the enzyme ( all the literature
                      that I have read so far have used only crude extracts
                      of the enzyme)
Also, has the amino acid sequence of the enzyme been established or not.

If anyone has any information on this subject please write to me on the
following email address

               g89m1087 at giraffe.ru.ac.za

I would also appreciate any other information or refrences regarding the
enzyme and its connection with diseases such as Huntingtons Disease and
Alzheimers Disease.
              Thanks
                 Raj Mahabeer