RE>Re- RE>Re- EEG under ane

ira_rampil at VAXINE.UCSF.EDU ira_rampil at VAXINE.UCSF.EDU
Tue Feb 22 11:22:44 EST 1994

        Reply to:   RE>Re: RE>Re- EEG under anesth
NO20BA (No signature) write:
In article <9402181651.AA13772 at vaxine.ucsf.EDU> on
18 Feb 1994 16:49:49 -0000 you write:

>        Reply to:   RE>Re: EEG under anesthesia
>Can you measure depth of anesthesia with EEG?
>In a single, unequivocal word: NO
>
>Ira Rampil, MSEE< MD
>Asst Prof of Anesthesia
>Medical Director, Neurophysiological Monitoring Service
   You can measure anesthesia depth with EEG. Access Medical Systems
has a machine that uses bicoherence to do so. I'll send thier 800
number
in my next post.

Thanks.  Unfortunately, among other things, I am on the Aspect
(Access) Board of Advisors and a scientific and clinical consultant.
I performed their FDA PMA trial.  My first post stands.  EEG may wind
up being useful for sedation but it doesn't work in any meaningful
way for anesthesia.
Ira