Linscott's Directory

James B. Hutchins jbh at anat.UMSMED.EDU
Sat Jan 8 12:50:11 EST 1994

Recently, in answering a question about the availability of anti-melatonin
(q.v.), I mentioned _Linscott's Directory_ in passing.  Having been asked
to supply more information, here it is.

Linscott's is a directory of a variety of immunological and biological
reagents.  It will publish its Eighth edition this month.  If you are
looking (for example) for antibodies to melatonin, you simply look up
"melatonin" in the index and are referred to a page which lists the
companies carrying anti-melatonin.  It's very handy, and I have found
it essential for 1) finding antibodies where I have no information who
might possibly supply them and 2) comparison shopping for price and
quality.

The cost for the 7th Edition (1992) was $70 in NAFTA countries and US$80
for the rest of the world.

I have found it to be an invaluable resource in my work (and in answering
questions on the Internet :-) ).  William Linscott can be reached directly
at 4877 Grange Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95404 USA or at 707-544-9555.  I do
not know if he has plans for an electronic version, but you might ask him.
I further do not know if he has an e-mail address.

Disclaimer: I have no connection whatsoever to Linscott or his directory.
I have been asked to supply this information and do so without promising
that you will be happy, or that it will make your teeth whiter and brighter.

Hope this helps
Jim
Jim Hutchins                    []     E-Mail: jbh at anat.umsmed.edu
Asst Prof of Anatomy            []     Asst Prof of Neurology
Univ Mississippi Med Ctr        []     Jackson, MS