Circuitry of time perception?

Mike Worden mworden at neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Tue Jan 11 12:01:00 EST 1994

Eric Wassermann (ewass at helix.nih.gov) wrote:
> In article <2gf26k$7kv at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Steven Roy Daviss
> <sdaviss at cosy.ab.umd.edu> wrote:
> >
> > At our journal club on Monday, while discussing an article which used
> > response time as a dependent measure, the question was raised:
> >
> > 	Is anything known about the neural circuitry involved in the
> > 	estimation or perception of time?

[Text Deleted]

> > Can anyone shed light on this topic?
> >
> > 	-Steve
> I know of two papers showing deficits in time perception in
> cerebellar-lesioned patients one is by Steve Kiel (Keel? other?) in the
> recent past and one is in press in Brain by Grill, Hallett and others.
>                                       As far as I know,
> Eric Wassermann                       The opinions expressed are not
> Human Motor Control Section           those of the Federal Government,
> NINDS, NIH                            the U.S. Public Health Service
>                                       or the National Institutes of Health

Check out:

Ivry, Richard B. Timing functions of the cerebellum. (1989) J Cog Neuro _1_
(2).

Keele, Steven W., Ivry, Richard B. Does the cerebellum provide a common
computation for diverse tasks?  A timing hypothesis.  (1990)  Annals
NYAS _608_ pp. 179-211.

Keele, S. W., Ivry, R.B. Do perception and motor production share common
timing mechanisms: A correlational analysis.  (1985)  Acta Psychologica
_60_ pp. 173-191.

Hope this is helpful.
  Mike

--

Mike Worden
Department of Psychology
mworden at neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
			|  I would rather learn from one bird how to sing
			|  Than teach ten-thousand stars how not to dance.
						-e.e. cummings