Seeking bite bar info

Mike Worden mworden at neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
Sun Jan 23 12:42:24 EST 1994

I am investigating the possibility of using bite bars for head imobilization
during brain scanning and three-d head digitization.  I would appreciate
hearing from anyone who has experience using bite bars and could point me in
the direction of suppliers for components, share positive/negative experiences,
etc.  One potential issue of relevance is that scanning takes place in a
high-field magnet which constrains the materials which may be used (i.e.,
ferrous metals aren't such a good idea) and the subject is in a prone position
which may necessitate the use of an aspirator.  Thanks in advance for any
insights.
  Mike

--

Mike Worden
Department of Psychology
mworden at neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
			|  I would rather learn from one bird how to sing
			|  Than teach ten-thousand stars how not to dance.
						-e.e. cummings