Psychiatry

I.Pitchford I.Pitchford at sheffield.ac.uk
Sat Jan 29 14:06:22 EST 1994

I am interested in setting up a new discussion forum dealing with
issues in psychiatry and abnormal psychology.  There is an abundance
of controversial research in this area, and many different
viewpoints. Unfortunately there is a huge gulf between those who
believe that mental illness has a neurophysiological or
neuroanatomical basis (the neo-
Kraepelinians?), and those who approach things from a psychological
viewpoint (the neo-Meyerians?).
Would anyone be interested in joining such a forum ? If so, please
let me know and I will get to work setting up the list.

Ian Pitchford                    * "Better than a thousand words
Department of Biomedical Science *  devoid of meaning is one word
University of Sheffield          *  redolent with meaning through the
United Kingdom                   *  hearing of which comes peace."