Psychiatry

John M. Price ez001932 at othello.ucdavis.edu
Sun Jan 30 01:16:42 EST 1994

I.Pitchford (I.Pitchford at sheffield.ac.uk) wrote:
: I am interested in setting up a new discussion forum dealing with
: issues in psychiatry and abnormal psychology.  There is an abundance
: of controversial research in this area, and many different
: viewpoints. Unfortunately there is a huge gulf between those who
: believe that mental illness has a neurophysiological or
: neuroanatomical basis (the neo-
: Kraepelinians?), and those who approach things from a psychological
: viewpoint (the neo-Meyerians?).
: Would anyone be interested in joining such a forum ? If so, please
: let me know and I will get to work setting up the list.

: Ian Pitchford                    * "Better than a thousand words
: Department of Biomedical Science *  devoid of meaning is one word
: University of Sheffield          *  redolent with meaning through the
: United Kingdom                   *  hearing of which comes peace."

These ideas are the purpose of sci.med.psychobiology.  It is an active
group at this, and I would expect, most sites.