Info wanted on biomechanics and neural processes

Eli Meir meir at zoology.washington.edu
Sun Jan 30 01:18:00 EST 1994

    Does anyone out there know of references for experimental or
theoretical work done on the effects of stress and strain on neuronal
processes.  I mean stress and strain in the biomechanical sense (ie -
getting pulled and pushed around), and I'm not interested in stress
activated channels, unless all channels are stress-activated - I'm
interested in normal, everyday axons and dendrites, and what happens to
their electrical properties when they get stretched or twisted.  Any
info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eli Meir
Dept of Zoology, Univ of Washington