neuroprosthesis

David Mckalip dmmckali at gibbs.oit.unc.edu
Mon Jan 31 21:13:09 EST 1994

In article <2ic956$4sj at usenet.ins.cwru.edu>,
Edwin R. Yeh <ery2 at po.CWRU.Edu> wrote:

>In a previous article, wkwiltsi at cs-acad-lan.Lakeheadu.Ca (W K WILTSIE) says:
>
>>I was wondering if any one had any knowledge of neuroprosthesis, or
>
>What aspects of neuroprosthesis are you interested in? There are a lot
>
>Edwin
>--
>Edwin R. Yeh < ery2 at po.cwru.edu > | Research Interests
>Dept. of Biomedical Engineering   | + Direct Neural Control & Perception
>Case Western Reserve University   | + Non-invasive Neuronal Data Acquistion
>Cleveland, OH 44106               | + Brain-Computer Interface

Is there any ongoing work a CWR on diaphragm pacing?  I am currently
caring for 16 year old with complete C-2 quadriplegia secondary to a
cervical spine injury.  She is completely ventilator-dependant.  She is
only about two weeks out from her injury and may recover some function but
I doubt it.  The literature is encouraging and I am considering venturing
into this in the future.

David McKalip
Division of Neurosurgery
UNC-Chapel Hill