Bonferroni

Patrick Doyle pdoyle at medsun.unige.ch
Fri Jul 1 02:52:37 EST 1994

Can anyone tell me when the bonferroni adjustment to samples of 2 groups
should or should not be carried out.For instance,if I have several areas in
the brain for which I have taken 6 bilalteral measurements and compare them
to the same number of measurements and same areas from a separate tested
group of rats -
should I first ANOVA then t test with a bonferroni or should I compare the
weighted totals and then specifically test the areas by the t test -simple
unpaired .Is it serious to consider the individual areas as being different
and therefore assuming the various areas as being sampled from an
heterogeneous tissue?Does this therefore constitute multiple sampling or
not?
Thanks for any comments.