cobalt backfills

Deborah O'Dell dodell at s850.mwc.edu
Tue Jul 5 13:05:11 EST 1994

	I am trying to backfill some peripheral nerves in the honey bee
	with hexammine cobaltic chloride.  I am having major
	difficulties getting this to work.  I have tried dilating the
	ends in distilled water, I've used varying concentrations of
	cobalt as well as a number of different incubation times, with
	no success.  The only thing that I haven't tried is current.
	does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try?  The
	nerves are fairly small, and there are very few muscle cells, so
	probably few motor neuron endings.

	Thanks,

	Deborah